Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Add Reply
Dave Redmond interview about being fired
Topic Started: Oct 12 2011, 09:17 PM (15,688 Views)
Deleted User
Deleted User

Ice Road Trucker Dave Redmon said in an interview with Truckers News his firing from the show in the Sept. 25 episode, “The Last Dash,” was in the show’s script. “I know it doesn’t look that way on TV, obviously,” Redmon said. “They had scripted me to be the bad guy on the show, and it just scripted me to get fired,” Redmon said.

The Riverside, Ala., native said the show cited his perceived inability to be a “team player” as its justification. “My so-called attitude and not getting along with everybody [was why]. I was doing my job and I was doing it safely, I just didn’t get along with everybody.”

Three weeks after Redmon left Alaska due to his firing, he flew to Bolivia in April to start filming the Ice Road spinoff IRT: Deadliest Roads. The show premiered Sunday, the same night the episode aired in which Redmon is fired. However, Redmon says the season’s second episode, which will air Oct. 2, will be his last. He and Rick Yemm quit due to issues with unsafe equipment, Redmon said.

A full story on Redmon’s Alaska firing, his brief time in Bolivia and his legal issues with the History Channel will be posted here Tuesday, Sept. 27.

I found this article in several different places....I just haven't been able to find this sept. 27 article thats mentioned
Quote Post Goto Top

Peterbilt359
Member Avatar

I did some digging, and the article that appeared on the truckers news site came out the 28th, not the 27th, assuming it's the same one: http://www.truckersnews.com/redmon-%E2%80%98fired%E2%80%99-from-one-irt-show-quits-other/?pg=1
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

oldguy
Member Avatar
oldguy
Pretty good Eye P359.....same article. The "Truckers News" magazine usually gets their information straight from the horse's mouth. I pick it up monthly from a small truck stop locally, I find it interesting. Oh by the way....It's free.

Keyz56
Member Avatar
IRT Board Administrator
So.....what we all thought is true.

Quote, Dave Redmon:

Ice Road Trucker Dave Redmon said in an interview with Truckers News that the show's production crew fabricates scenes in the series and "went out of their way" to make him look bad. "They really, really spent a lot of effort making me look terrible in Alaska," Redmon says. "The stuff you see on TV is totally so far from the truth it's just unreal."

oldguy
Member Avatar
oldguy
Sniff, say it;s not true Dave, Sniff.

Sabre86
Member Avatar

Well, the truth is, when he went to work for the show, he should have known they can hire him and fire him @ will.

I just find the whole thing dumb. TV shows hire and fire people all the time, they have people as the "good" and "bad" guys. It's nothing personal, it's just how show business is.

As an old friend who works in the entertainment industry once said, it is the most cutthroat job on Earth. One day you're the hero and loved by everyone, and the next you're hated and despised. You get over it and move on.

If Dave didn't like how the show was going, he should have walked away rather than doing all of this after the fact.

heyjude076

Sabre86
Oct 18 2011, 07:57 PM
If Dave didn't like how the show was going, he should have walked away rather than doing all of this after the fact.
You must take into consideration the time lines. Dave probably had no idea how the editing of IRT was going to treat him. By the time it was broadcast he was already comitted to do the IRT Deadliest Roads II. Dont forget that editing of IRT Deadliest Roads I showed him in a good light.

Sabre86
Member Avatar

heyjude076
Oct 19 2011, 07:21 AM
Sabre86
You must take into consideration the time lines. Dave probably had no idea how the editing of IRT was going to treat him. By the time it was broadcast he was already comitted to do the IRT Deadliest Roads II. Dont forget that editing of IRT Deadliest Roads I showed him in a good light.
Perhaps, but he was complaining on the show from day one.

If he was told to do that, he should have realized that he was being set up to be the "bad guy."

If he was complaining just to complain, then he brought it on himself.

Nothing is ever completely one sided.

Deleted User
Deleted User

All of the complaining could have taken place all in one day or a couple days,...and then edited and disbursed throughout the season to make it appear to be all season long. Maya's "Oh my God!" line was done that way. She said it a few times for real and you can tell the difference in the sound each time you hear it,...but the one you hear the most is identical every time (and you cannot actually see her say it), it is even in the show credits at the beginning.

Some of the "complaining" I know for a fact was pulled out of context from a completely different conversation where Dave was recounting a situation when he was working at a different company some time back in the past. The conversation was "off camera" but recorded. It was the line where you here Dave say, "Training, training, training,...I guess they will let me drive sometime",...and then you hear Phil say "Maybe". Phil's "Maybe" comment probably was not even from that conversation,...just added in from something else.

Anytime you hear something said, but you don't actually see the person's face and see their lips move in sync with the words,...the audio clip could have come from anywhere and any point in time from any unknown context. If you watch during the show,...maybe as much as half of the audio in the show is that way. Then even if you see their face and see their lips move with the words,...that clip could have been inserted from anything from anywhere if you can't verify the location and context by the background, their clothing, or some other evidence.
Quote Post Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

Sabre86
Well, the truth is, when he went to work for the show, he should have known they can hire him and fire him @ will.

I just find the whole thing dumb. TV shows hire and fire people all the time, they have people as the "good" and "bad" guys. It's nothing personal, it's just how show business is.

As an old friend who works in the entertainment industry once said, it is the most cutthroat job on Earth. One day you're the hero and loved by everyone, and the next you're hated and despised. You get over it and move on.

I think he's the first to admit it was a big mistake, however, he was already in Bolivia doing DR2 before Season 5 even came out so they roped him in for 3 shows by the time he knew what was up. What I don't know and am confused about, is if he knew he was getting 'fired' and was going to be made the bad guy, why go and do DR2? I do realize it was only a few weeks after Ice Roads ended that they started filming for DR2, but I'm not sure why he would go in the first place. Well, his book will be out next summer...
Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Dave · Next Topic »
Add Reply