Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Add Reply
Maya; First Post
Topic Started: Aug 9 2011, 06:36 PM (18,168 Views)
webe123

oldguy
Sep 25 2011, 01:00 PM
webe123
Sep 24 2011, 05:19 PM
Keyz56
Aug 10 2011, 04:03 AM
Jyri
Aug 10 2011, 12:11 AM
Anyway....first, you had to be Italian....."CHECK", then you had to have connections......"CHECK".....so I was in. The guy took me around the block a few times and said, "OK kid, your hauling asphalt tomorrow at 5am..."DON'T BE FRIGGIN' LATE"! You'll follow Charlie, he'll show you the ropes.

LOL! You sound like a scene from "the Godfather"! Did they make you an offer you couldn't refuse and teach you how to be a crime boss? LOL!

I'm trying to see the connectionhere. ^o) ^o)
If you have ever watched the original Godfather, to be in the mob you must be 100% Italian and you were usually set up with a union job for a front on the docks!

That is what I was talking about.

Which is why I asked him if he was going into mob work. LOL!
Edited by webe123, Sep 28 2011, 04:52 AM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Keyz56
Member Avatar
IRT Board Administrator
webe123
Sep 28 2011, 04:52 AM
oldguy
Sep 25 2011, 01:00 PM
webe123
Sep 24 2011, 05:19 PM
Keyz56
Aug 10 2011, 04:03 AM
Jyri
Aug 10 2011, 12:11 AM
Anyway....first, you had to be Italian....."CHECK", then you had to have connections......"CHECK".....so I was in. The guy took me around the block a few times and said, "OK kid, your hauling asphalt tomorrow at 5am..."DON'T BE FRIGGIN' LATE"! You'll follow Charlie, he'll show you the ropes.

LOL! You sound like a scene from "the Godfather"! Did they make you an offer you couldn't refuse and teach you how to be a crime boss? LOL!

I'm trying to see the connectionhere. ^o) ^o)
If you have ever watched the original Godfather, to be in the mob you must be 100% Italian and you were usually set up with a union job for a front on the docks!

That is what I was talking about.

Which is why I asked him if he was going into mob work. LOL!
It was very mob controled back in the 60's and 70's. I was right out of high school and my wifes uncle (a shaddy guy) got me the job. I wasn't gonna turn down $12 an hour being just married and all....would you in those days? Hell no! I took it and now retired. Best move I ever made was joining the Teamsters.

oldguy
Member Avatar
oldguy
Joe is right...the mob had almost complete control of the docks and warehouses in those years, and that was just a small portion of their influence.

webe123

oldguy
Sep 28 2011, 06:30 PM
Joe is right...the mob had almost complete control of the docks and warehouses in those years, and that was just a small portion of their influence.
It WAS A JOKE PEOPLE.......

I DID put LOL (Laughing out loud) at the end of it.

I did not really think the guy was in the mob that got a job with the teamsters.....NOR did I think you guys would take me seriously!

I was just kidding. So relax!

Keyz56
Member Avatar
IRT Board Administrator
I think this might be getting out of hand. We know you were joking. We were just saying that it WAS mob controled back in the 70's. No harm done here, OK? We're all friends here at IRT, I hope we can keep it that way, or I'll have to make you an offer you can't refuss! :D How about a horse head? haha.....Just kidding man.

Welcome to the site!

webe123

Keyz56
Oct 5 2011, 01:37 AM
I think this might be getting out of hand. We know you were joking. We were just saying that it WAS mob controled back in the 70's. No harm done here, OK? We're all friends here at IRT, I hope we can keep it that way, or I'll have to make you an offer you can't refuss! :D How about a horse head? haha.....Just kidding man.

Welcome to the site!
LOL! If I actually thought you was IN the mob....or WORSE..... the mexican mafia....I would have never said anything....I really don't want a horse head in my bed nor a few fingers sent to me!
Edited by webe123, Oct 24 2011, 04:34 AM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Maya · Next Topic »
Add Reply