Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Add Reply
Ice Road Truckers-Season 10
Topic Started: Apr 1 2016, 06:07 PM (7,851 Views)
Budje

Hi folks...just finished watching season 9.

According to Todd in facebook there will be a season 10 coming summer. There are a lot of posts mentioning filming last months, he was returning home March 23.

https://www.facebook.com/Iceroadtruckertodd/?fref=ts
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Keyz56
Member Avatar
IRT Board Administrator
Budje
Apr 1 2016, 06:07 PM
Hi folks...just finished watching season 9.

According to Todd in facebook there will be a season 10 coming summer. There are a lot of posts mentioning filming last months, he was returning home March 23.

https://www.facebook.com/Iceroadtruckertodd/?fref=ts
Thanks for letting us know Budje. I couldn't find any news on IRT.

Sabre86
Member Avatar

I didn't even know it was coming back until I caught a commercial a little while ago that said it starts tomorrow. Been so busy with work these last 6 months that I've barely watched any TV. Glad I got lucky otherwise I would have probably missed the entire season.

Keyz56
Member Avatar
IRT Board Administrator
Sabre86
Aug 4 2016, 12:09 AM
I didn't even know it was coming back until I caught a commercial a little while ago that said it starts tomorrow.
Hey Sabre, always check in here....we'll let ya know. Yes, it's on tonight.
Bad news is, I gotta go to bed very early. I have a sunrise mountain hike tomorrow.
I'll record it, so I can watch it tomorrow afternoon. I think this might be the last season.
KING seems to know a lot about the show, so hopefully he can keep us up to date on that.

OK Guys...."Here We Go"!
Posted Image

Sabre86
Member Avatar

It’s good to be back; hopefully I will have the time to watch the show each week. Never been so busy with work as I have these past 8 months.

So, back to the ice for at least one more season.

They imply that this is the last season, but it could also be interpreted as this season is simply going to be the hardest, most dangerous yet.

Drivers are the same as last year, Mark, Darrell, Alex, Lisa, Art, and Todd. Of course others could be added later.

El Nino is always a pain the rear, and it apparently causes warmer temperatures in Canada. (I only know in Texas it causes cooler and wetter winters/springs. We about washed away this year, several times.)

I could really do without Darrell. He might be the exact opposite of his TV personality, but what I see on the screen is annoying to no end.

Unfortunately for everyone, there is nothing that can be done to control the weather.

I wish I wasn’t so jaded to think it was all faked, because it would be a lot scarier if it was undoubtedly real.

Unless Darrell and Lisa have a bunch of off screen drivers, there is no way they could ever capture more business than Polar.

Commercial comment, the Ozzy show looks like garbage.

Lisa looks like she gained a little weight, which looks good on her; always hated when she looked so thin that she seemed sick.

I’m always amazed how often they attempt to go up a steep hill, spin out, and then have to chain up anyway. Why not just chain up, especially if the road is already in poor condition?

A hill with a turn at the top has to be a heart stopper, especially if the road is busy and only who knows what might be coming around the corner.

It’s Art “Bleep” Burke. Can’t help but like the guy. How much trouble can he get into this season?

Someone didn’t ratchet the straps down enough and/or the lumber was not stacked/bound properly.

Don’t these guys ever wear seat belts? And Art starts off right away getting into a mess.

Oh joy, some new chick, with an ugly nose ring. At least we get Alex soon.

More interesting than last season, so far. I have a little hope that if this is the end of the series, it will go out with a good season.

Keyz56
Member Avatar
IRT Board Administrator
Great sum-up of the first episode Sabre86. I always wonder too why they never chain up when they KNOW a steep hill is coming. I think they might be trying to save time....but they waste more time trying and trying to spin up hills, only to eventually put the chains on. Never could figure that one out.

I have a feeling this might be the last year. I wish they'd come back with the Deadliest Roads. Those were pretty cool.

LOL...Art makes me laugh man! I'd love to have a beer with the dude!

OK, so here we go.............

webe123

LOL! So "FART" WENT N THE DITCH HUH???! LOL! He did not not dissapoint. It is obvious they have him on that show for "Comedic Relief" and that is exactly what he provides....Comedic Relief!

Not any serious driving ability, but comedic relief.

Question....can they not get anyone else to appear on that show but mostly people either stuck on themselves or total idiots? LOL!
Edited by webe123, Aug 5 2016, 08:35 PM.

Keyz56
Member Avatar
IRT Board Administrator
webe123
Aug 5 2016, 08:33 PM
Question....can they not get anyone else to appear on that show but mostly people either stuck on themselves or total idiots? LOL!
No...It makes the show funny, eh Boyie? (My Art impression) :D

I have a feeling this is gonna be a short season.

Sabre86
Member Avatar

I'm thinking 6-8 episodes max.

Sabre86
Member Avatar

Can’t think of a pithy intro this time; guess my brain is still fried from almost getting heat stroke.

As I said last time, do they ever wear seatbelts? I can understand not doing it when on a lake or river, in case you have to bail out quickly, but on a regular road, why would one want to get bounced around like that? It would make safely controlling the truck a lot more difficult.

When the road is flat and you don’t need the speed to clear a hill, wouldn’t it be better to drive a little slower, especially if the roads are in hideous shape?

She’s 22, and with a few years’ experience driving at most, not sure I’d risk putting her out there, especially with the bad roads. And Steph, the nose ring looks like you have a booger stuck to the side of your nose.

ALEX!

First time I’ve recall a driver telling the camera person to get out and stand on the running board. Not that I really expected anything to happen. I don’t think they’ve ever shown a truck actually going through the ice completely and sinking.

I guessed it was Daryl as soon as they showed a truck behind Todd. Didn’t they have an almost exact same thing happen last year?

Okay, enough with the flashbacks. Everyone watching this show has seen it before.

Art… I truly wonder if he really is this cursed, or if it’s all staged for the show.

So he just now decided to check the tire that had gone off the road?

I was thinking that the only option would be to take a tire from the trailer or one of the drive tires. Not sure I’d drive to fast with a jury rigged tire.

Well, the end was fairly routine, as were the scenes with Todd and Daryl. Not nearly enough Alex. I’m not really interested in Art just sitting around most of the episode.

2 users reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Discuss The Show here · Next Topic »
Add Reply