Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Add Reply
Ice Road Truckers-Season 9
Topic Started: Jul 19 2015, 01:26 PM (14,479 Views)
Keyz56
Member Avatar
IRT Board Administrator
The first episode starts on August 2nd, at 9PM on The History Channel.

Epsd.#1, Season 9....."Crossing Enemy Lines"

Lets start truckin' ;)
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Keyz56
Member Avatar
IRT Board Administrator
I just looked at my cable guide and IRT is not on. Does anyone know what's going on? It said it was on for 8/2 yesterday.

Sabre86
Member Avatar

I just got a notification it was coming on and came over to post it, but Keyz beat me too it. :P

My cable guide does show it at 9/8c on 8-2 with the title "Crossing Enemy Lines."

Keyz56
Member Avatar
IRT Board Administrator
Sabre, season 9? I still don't see it on Commi-cast. :D
I know how much you hate Comcast, LOL. I'm no fan of it either with how much they charge me.

Hey Sabre, you missed your birthday thread man: http://irtforum.com/topic/10331943/1/#new

Keyz56
Member Avatar
IRT Board Administrator
OK....everything is a go for August 2nd...next Sunday.

"Let the truckin' begin"!
B-)

PS: Hey guys, lets post all the discussion about season 9 here. There's 3 threads on it. Thanks!

Sabre86
Member Avatar

Almost thought I wasn't going to see it tonight. Suddenlink (Internet and cable) has been down for several days. The Internet came back up yesterday, but the cable didn't until this afternoon.
Edited by Sabre86, Aug 2 2015, 09:42 PM.

Sabre86
Member Avatar

Alright, here we go again. So our drivers this year are

Lisa (Yeah!)
Alex (Yeah Again!)
Mark
Darrel (Ugh)
Art (Meh)
Todd

And no Hugh or VP Express, but not really a surprise. Looks like everything is focused this year on Polar and Darrel has replaced VP as the “bad guy.” Not to say that Hugh/VP couldn’t appear at some point, but I doubt it.

Spoiler spacer

Alex is always the professional, but always seems to keep his sense of humor, regardless of the danger, even when the ice is cracking (which I wonder if it is real or a sound effect added for dramatic effect). Never really worried Alex would break the ice.

It is just me, or do a very large number of the loads get described as a “rush” or “emergency delivery”? And that is where people always run into trouble. Todd kisses the snow bank.

Darrell is still just as annoying as always. I like people who are confident, but he’s just annoyingly arrogant. Of course, I wouldn’t be surprised if the entire thing was scripted and Darrell isn’t like that in real life, but who knows. Darrell as the TV show character is just annoying.

Putting Lisa with him makes me want to turn off the show because Lisa is such a nice person, and he is a consistent ass. It is all so blatantly scripted. And it is not “moving up” but at best moving sideways. The entire “negotiation” comes across as completely staged. Not sure if I will watch this idiocy after tonight. At the least, I will probably keep Darrell on mute again like last year.

Wow, 20 minutes in and truck dies. Kind of funny that it happens to one of Darrell’s, given his endless b*tching last season about the same thing. I guess trucks just don’t like Darrell.

Oh it’s Art aka Mr. *Beep*. I kind of like the guy, but way too much of his dialogue gets bleeped out. I kind of wonder why they didn’t bring in anyone new. Maybe no one else wants to do the show anymore.

I see Art’s luck has never, ever changed. How can he leave the yard and already be missing his paperwork? If he didn’t have bad luck, he’d have none. If he’s so worried about it falling off, why not drive a lot slower?

Oh joy, it’s another “war.” How about we just have a season about ice road trucking, and not each side trying to nuke one another?

Will we finally see someone sink a truck?

Keyz56
Member Avatar
IRT Board Administrator
So what happened to Hugh and Vlad this year?

Dam I hate Darrel!

Keyz56
Member Avatar
IRT Board Administrator
I don't know man...I like Art. He's funny.

Posted Image Thanks Boyee, eh!

Keyz56
Member Avatar
IRT Board Administrator
Sabre86
Aug 2 2015, 10:06 PM
Oh it’s Art aka Mr. *Beep*. I kind of like the guy, but way too much of his dialogue gets bleeped out. I kind of wonder why they didn’t bring in anyone new. Maybe no one else wants to do the show anymore.

I see Art’s luck has never, ever changed. How can he leave the yard and already be missing his paperwork? If he didn’t have bad luck, he’d have none. If he’s so worried about it falling off, why not drive a lot slower?

What paperwork was he missing? I couldn't hear it. He had his log, eh?

I was saying the same thing.....drive slower. He only had 20 miles to go.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Discuss The Show here · Next Topic »
Add Reply