Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Add Reply
Ice Road Truckers-Season 8
Topic Started: Apr 13 2014, 06:37 AM (32,997 Views)
Sabre86
Member Avatar

Time for Season 8's penultimate episode. Perhaps the series' one as well.

Time to rock and roll. Kind of nice that they're carrying equipment for their own use in case of problems. Seems like they've always just taken their chances and hoped for the best.

Why do I get the feeling that Darrell and Polar will have a less than enjoyable encounter?

What could go wrong? With Art there, the answer is "anything."

The fox was cute.

Do they really think that Todd not answering is going to scare anyone watching? We all know that no one is going to die.

Good to see Alex. He hasn't been on the show nearly as much as he should be.

Why do I get the feeling that the "load count" will end in either a tie, or a winner at the last second like last year?

Since when did Darrell listen to anyone?

Commenting on a commercial, the US version of "Top Gear" is just stupid. The British one rocks.

Must Todd always rant? I figured they'd get it started sooner or later.

Yep, here comes the jerks, as expected.

So everyone makes it to the destination okay.

What drama will there be on the way home?

And they just couldn't let us have another episode without saying "Montana legend." Gag me.

Lisa, tell him not no but hell no. He is not there to work for Darrell. She is working for Polar and it is not her job to help him. Her job is to get the Polar vehicles back home, and Darrell is being extremely lame.

If Lisa does go with Darrell, no doubt that Mark would fire her on the spot (as he should). That said, if it does happen and there is another season, watch for Lisa to be working for/with Darrell next season. The entire thing would just reek of a completely scripted setup for next time.

One more time next week.
Edited by Sabre86, Sep 22 2014, 12:05 AM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

lonestar7
Member Avatar

Yeah, Darrel asking Lisa to help him was very strange and obviously contrived. In the real world, Lisa wouldn't be inclined to use Polar equipment to help what's been drummed up as a direct competitor. Then there's the issue of putting the other Polar drivers and equipment at risk by not convoying with them on the trip back. I don't see how any reasonable person would do that, so if it does happen next week it's just more Tom Beers shenanigans, IMO.

Sabre86
Member Avatar

One last time, perhaps for good.

How many times can they “longest winter road” before the episode is over?

Lisa should leave his butt. It is not your responsibility to help him, especially using Polar’s equipment which she does not own. But as I said last time, this is so blatantly scripted it is not even funny.

Mark could fire her the instant she gets back. Termination would be justified, but like I said, this is to setup for next season (if there is one) for Lisa to work for Darrell. Todd is 100% correct on this one. It’s one thing to give someone a hand (such as pulling them out of the snow/ditch) and another to use your employer’s time, property, and money to help someone else, and specifically a competitor who quit the very company you work for.

Always glad that they don’t cut off Alex when he prays. Too many shows would.

Road will be gone Lisa, just like your job.

I suspect the party is staged as well for the show.

If the road is that bad, slow down just a little bit.

I was waiting for something to come around a corner.

Darrell must have a lot of free time… (Did anyone else see the “Severe Duty” commercial?)

Kind of figured the pickup wouldn’t clip the trailer.

The music sounds like someone trying to play the Top Gun theme on an electronic keyboard.

“Longest Winter Road” *Sigh*

I told you. All about setting up Lisa to work with Darrell next season. Mark could have fired her in an instant (and it would have been completely justified) so she should seriously consider not stabbing him in the back. But again, it is all scripted.

And Polar “wins” the “load count” again, by 1 just like last time. Not that it means a darn thing.

I’m not sure I could tolerate another season of Darrell. He is insufferable.

Sing it Alex!

Well, another season of IRT is in the books. They clearly left it open for another season if it gets picked up again.
Edited by Sabre86, Sep 28 2014, 11:04 PM.

promodmerc
Member Avatar

It all depends on how may viewers like the scripted "drama" I suppose.

I hate to say it but it wouldn't hurt me if it doesn't come back for another season.

oldguy
Member Avatar
oldguy
One could only hope they will not ask the "MONTANA LEGEND" and his idiot son back......if there is another season.

Federer91

Well the ratings this year weren't as good as one would have liked, so i think it will depand on the cost/profit equation. But if there is another season the Montana legend will definately be back. The whole premise they did for the next season was a three company battle. There is never enough IRT for me, so waiting for next year.

Keyz56
Member Avatar
IRT Board Administrator
Sabre86
Sep 28 2014, 11:04 PM
Lisa should leave his butt. It is not your responsibility to help him, especially using Polar’s equipment which she does not own. But as I said last time, this is so blatantly scripted it is not even funny.

Mark could fire her the instant she gets back. Termination would be justified, but like I said, this is to setup for next season (if there is one) for Lisa to work for Darrell. Todd is 100% correct on this one. It’s one thing to give someone a hand (such as pulling them out of the snow/ditch) and another to use your employer’s time, property, and money to help someone else, and specifically a competitor who quit the very company you work for.

Darrell must have a lot of free time… (Did anyone else see the “Severe Duty” commercial?)

I agree with you about Lisa. I know truckers help each other, but didn't she leave the other 2 guys from the company she WORKS for that she was supposed to help? Darrell knew what he was getting into driving to the end of that road...why didn't he have his son carry some extra supplies and follow him to the end? Mark should have fired Lisa's ass on the spot when she got back!! But no, he was the nice guy and didn't even get mad. And you KNOW if there's a next season, Lisa is going to work for the "Montana Idiot"!

If this isn't scripted, Lisa sucks for what she did to Mark, Todd, and Art. IMO

And yes, I saw that commercial too. That's a show I will not watch.

lonestar7
Member Avatar

Keyz56
Sep 29 2014, 03:27 PM
Sabre86
Sep 28 2014, 11:04 PM

I agree with you about Lisa. I know truckers help each other, but didn't she leave the other 2 guys from the company she WORKS for that she was supposed to help? Darrell knew what he was getting into driving to the end of that road...why didn't he have his son carry some extra supplies and follow him to the end? Mark should have fired Lisa's ass on the spot when she got back!! But no, he was the nice guy and didn't even get mad. And you KNOW if there's a next season, Lisa is going to work for the "Montana Idiot"!

If this isn't scripted, Lisa sucks for what she did to Mark, Todd, and Art. IMO

And yes, I saw that commercial too. That's a show I will not watch.
My understanding is that Polar can't employ non-Canadians without hard to get special permits, so it's very likely that Tom Beers Productions was actually paying Lisa's and Darrel's wages and probably payed Polar to let Lisa go with Darrel on that side trip. I read somewhere that he paid for Alex's and Hugh's wages when they were in Alaska too. In the real world, Polar wouldn't have put up with Lisa helping Darrel like that. Just the expense of fuel alone, not to mention putting the other 2 Polar drivers at risk would be more than enough reason for firing her, IMO.

Keyz56
Member Avatar
IRT Board Administrator
lonestar7
Sep 30 2014, 09:21 AM
Just the expense of fuel alone
I was thinking about the fuel price too.

OK...let's say this is a true story; If Darrell was a nice guy, he'd call Mark and thank him, plus flip the bill for the fuel, the cost of using Marks employee and the cost of the time and wear & tear on his vehicle too.

Darrell doesn't seem like that kind of person, IMO.

lonestar7
Member Avatar

Keyz56
Sep 30 2014, 02:30 PM
lonestar7
Sep 30 2014, 09:21 AM
Just the expense of fuel alone
I was thinking about the fuel price too.

OK...let's say this is a true story; If Darrell was a nice guy, he'd call Mark and thank him, plus flip the bill for the fuel, the cost of using Marks employee and the cost of the time and wear & tear on his vehicle too.

Darrell doesn't seem like that kind of person, IMO.
I'm thinking it was all per-arranged with Mark with Tom Beers&Co. picking up the tab. ;)

2 users reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Discuss The Show here · Next Topic »
Add Reply