Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Add Reply
Ice Road Truckers-Season 8
Topic Started: Apr 13 2014, 06:37 AM (33,272 Views)
Keyz56
Member Avatar
IRT Board Administrator
Vlad said, "The IRT film crew wrap up the cameras here which should be last week of March. So, I'm hoping the show will be starting around the end of this month or maybe next month. I can't wait! Figures crossed everyone… :'(

OK, I just looked into it………….
“New Season of 'Ice Road Truckers' to Premiere Sunday, June 9th”.
Network TV Press Releases

If you want more info, check out this link: http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2013/05/20/new-season-of-ice-road-truckers-to-premiere-sunday-june-9-on-history/183411/

Here’s more stuff about the show: http://www.history.com/shows/ice-road-truckers/videos?mkwid=sobvbp50b|dc_pcrid_38365019478_pkw_ice%20road%20truckers%20history%20channel_pmt_b&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_term=ice%20road%20truckers%20history%20channel&utm_campaign=G_Ice+Road+Truckers&paidlink=1&cmpid=PaidSearch_google_G_Ice+Road+Truckers_ice%20road%20truckers%20history%20channel&gclid=COHH6tOV3b0CFYt9OgodS0IANw

Looks like some new truckers coming up....cool!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Sabre86
Member Avatar

Your first link is from May 2013, so that would be for Season 7.

Stacy

So they moved the show to Monday nights?

June 9th is a Monday this year.
I'm pretty skeptical that season 8 will be aired on a Monday when the last 7 seasons were aired on Sunday nights.

Maybe there is no season 8 announcement.

promodmerc
Member Avatar

IRT's canned answer on Facebook is we will offer more information about season 8 when it's available. Hell it's just over one month away and they can't provide any information ^o) Something sounds fishy.

Deleted User
Deleted User

Possible limbo? I wouldn't panic for about 3 weeks but IRT was scheduled for June 8th and then was replaced by the Hunt in the guide.

They may move either the hunt or mountain men to a new day or IRT may not show until Mountain Men's season ends. If there is no news in the next week, the airing of season 8 has been delayed.
Quote Post Goto Top

Keyz56
Member Avatar
IRT Board Administrator
Wow King....that sucks! Been a long time since the show was on.
I hope it doesn't get cancelled....you never know!

Thanks for the info.

Sabre86
Member Avatar

If Season 8 was filmed, it's highly unlikely that they're simply going to just toss it. It will air sooner or later.

Given how absolutely idiotic the faux-History Channel is, nothing they do with scheduling should come as a surprise.

Keyz56
Member Avatar
IRT Board Administrator
I hope you're right Sabre. We've waited a long time already.

So when....the end of the summer deal ya think? I can't get any info on it!
:ermm:

Deleted User
Deleted User

If you go through the history of the start dates, it has been in May or June every year.

Vlad suggested in an earlier post it may start in July this year.

History is moving shows around: Big Rig Bounty Hunters has been moved to Mondays. American Restoration was also moved. They might be opening a slot for IRT.

There is no announcement of a cancellation but there were problems with Hugh who owns one of the 2 companies. Without Hugh, who knows how much footage they were able to obtain.

It won't start June 8th or June 9th. It could start June 15 but History, Discovery and Nat Geo keep all this close to the vest. The facebook page is run by a secretary not a person with knowledge.
Quote Post Goto Top

Keyz56
Member Avatar
IRT Board Administrator
Sabre86
May 31 2014, 02:18 PM
Given how absolutely idiotic the faux-History Channel is, nothing they do with scheduling should come as a surprise.
Haha...what does faux mean? I gotta feeling I know! :D

King....we'll probably see it for this fall's season. June 15th sounds better though.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Discuss The Show here · Next Topic »
Add Reply